We are looking to recruit senior carers to join the company.
About Ashton House Nursing Home:
We provide Nursing Care to elderly people in a warm & friendly environment
As a Senior Care Assistant the role is to support the Registered Nurses in all aspects of the home management.
The role includes: To help train and supervise junior member of staff in all aspects of their work in the home.
To assist the Registered Nurses in the effective management of the home and promoting high standards of care to the service users.
To help and share with other staff the responsibility of providing a homely and caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users.
To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to his/her individual needs.
To assist implement / maintain the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
(Regulated Activities) Regulations and the Care Quality Commission (Registration Regulation 2014.
To assist in managing the health and safety of the premises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the identification and discussion of service user / nursing problems and needs with the service users, their relatives, Registered Nurses and other staff as appropriate.
2. Assists the Registered Nurses in the total care of the service users.
3. Responsible for assessment, planning and implementation of care for a group of service users and assists in the interpretation of data relevant to the service user’s condition and progress.
4. Changes care plans and goals according to evaluation and discussion every month or when required according to the service user’s changing care needs.
5. Delivers care to the service users safely.
6. Communicates effectively with the service users, their relatives and with co-workers, liaising with the multidisciplinary team.
7. Ensure the service users’ property is appropriately recorded and subsequently safeguarded in accordance with administrative procedures.
8. Promotes relationships which enable each service user to participate in social activities within the home and in the life of the local community to the maximum of their ability.
9. Assists the Registered Nurses for the efficient running of the domestic character of the home which will include the following:
• Ensuring that the dietary needs of service users are met
• Ensuring that good standards of food presentation are maintained
• Ensuring that good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
10. To have knowledge and use of any equipment within the Home, to check its usability and its readiness for use.
11. To perform such other duties as required or directed by the Registered Nurses, which may reasonably fall within the scope or range of the post, to ensure the comfort of the service users and / or the smooth running of the home.
1.Demonstrates a professional approach to work in accordance with the General Social Care Council Codes of Practice.
2. To have knowledge and adhere to the Home’s policy and procedures and be fully conversant with the requirements of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations and the Care Quality Commission (Registration Regulation 2014).
3. To read and write reports, ensure that documentation is complete and up to date in line with the Home’s policies and procedures.
4. Identify own learning needs and ensure own professional development is maintained.
5. Ensure that mandatory and statutory training needs are met
6. Participates in the Home’s supervision programme.
7. Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the Home.
8 To inform the Registered Nurses if any untoward incident takes place and document as per policy.
9 When working with junior staff to exercise leadership, achieving a high morale, based on sound organisation, fair and clear staff relationships and good communication within the Home.
10. Suitably delegate responsibility for patient care according to the abilities of the junior staff.
11. To record and investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to the person-in-control and or service provider.
12. To ensure all the above guidelines, recommendations and good practices are adhered to.
Staff / Training Matters:
1. Demonstrates a positive attitude to the supervision and assessing the learning needs of junior members of staff advising the Registered Nurses of any difficulties as appropriate.
2. Supports and contributes to any teaching programmes within the home.
3.To assist in the training programme of junior staff in conjunction with the Registered Nurses ensuring that effective induction, supervision and assessment of staff is carried out and that training needs are identified and met.
4. Provide support and guidance for other Peers, Care Assistants and ancillary staff.
5. Keep up to date with new developments and trends in nursing care and to cascade information to the junior staff.
6. To be fully conversant with the policies and procedures of the Home in conjunction with Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations and the Care Quality Commission (Registration Regulation 2009.)
Premises /Risk Management / Health & Safety:
1. To be responsible to themselves and others in relation to managing risk, health and safety and will be required to work within the policies and procedures laid down by the Home.
2. To advise the Registered Nurses of any malfunction of the heating, lighting or emergency systems and ensure the security of the premises.
3. To ensure that the fire regulations are complied with. Aware of the Fire Policy and ensure all staff working with you are familiar with the Fire Regulations, Precautions, Fire Drill and the Evacuation Procedures. To attend scheduled updates as per policy.
4. To promote the Health & Safety of junior staff within the home and make them aware of their responsibilities under the Health, Safety & Welfare Act 1974.
5. To ensure that the legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control and health and safety regulations are complied with.
6. To ensure and maintain a clean environment i.e. proper disposal of soiled materials, appropriate use of incontinence pads and have an effective cleaning schedule.
1. To assist the management for the monitoring and control of the day-to-day expenditure within the limits prescribed by the service provider
2. To ensure that service users are, wherever possible, supported in retaining responsibility of their own money and financial arrangements.
3. To ensure that, where a service user is assessed as incapable of handling their own financial affairs, that records are kept of all financial transactions and minimise the scope for abuse. This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and range of duties. However, it is not exhaustive and may be reviewed from time to time. I have received a completed copy of the job description and understand the requirements of the job.
Job Type: Permanent Contract
Salary: negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex (6 miles from Crawley)
Please apply for this job (or call for an informal chat), if you think you are suitable and could be an asset to our team.
Application Questions: Are you in Haywards Heath, West Sussex?
Join with our team